How Pangani Is Going to Be
Whenever you are in a vehicle and it approaches Pangani, its obvious that whatever the time of day it might be, there is going to be a jam. This is the current state of the Pangani section despite the numerous pleas by the contractor to bear with him for a better tomorrow. Its the type of traffic jam that might make Mombasa Road be envious. Traffic police are well overburdened given the crossing roads with road rage taking control of every motorist. Being undertaken by China Wu Yi and Motorways, the contractors have had to deal with these rude drivers day in day out.
Many have been asking how traffic at the Pangani Interchange will flow once complete. Since the days when the roundabout used to take care of the mess, things are set for a big make over. The new plan will see a smooth flow of traffic between the 3 roads. At no time should this flow come to an end.
The Interchange is served by Thika Road | Murang'a Road | Forest Road | Ring Road (Kariokor)
THIKA ROAD AT THE INTERCHANGE
Thika Road is a main highway at the interchange with traffic having up to 14 Lanes for a smooth flow. This is how you are soon going to navigate your way around here:
- Vehicles from Thika Road to Murang'a Road will use the underpass in 3 Lanes one direction to Murang'a Road.
- Vehicles from Thika Road to Forest Road will use the underpass keeping right and in 3 Lanes proceed to Forest Road. Note that a separator will divide and divert traffic to Forest Road.
- Vehicles from Thika Road to Ring Road (Kariokor) will use the service road turning left to Kariokor.
NOTE: The Decision to your destination cannot be made at the entry to the interchange. Please select the appropriate lanes early enough. However should you make a mistake, please DO NOT STOP AND DO NOTMAKE A U-TURN. Simply proceed and look for an exit ahead.
FOREST ROAD AT THE INTERCHANGE
Forest Road starts from here and ends up at the junction with Limuru Road and Road A2, the Forest Road interchange. This is how things are going to be:
- Vehicles from Forest Road to Ring Road(Kariokor) will use the Fly-over above the interchange, keeping left to Kariokor. From Kariokor to Forest Rd will use the same Fly-over.
- Vehicles from Forest Road to Thika Road will keep left and proceed to Thika Road in 2 lanes same direction.
- The underpass emerging on Forest Road is for vehicles from Thika Road.
RING ROAD (KARIOKOR) AT THE INTERCHANGE
Ring Road Ngara will dive into the interchange with 3 Lanes and consequently exit with another 6 Lanes. Read on:
- Vehicles from Ring Road(Kariokor) to Forest Road will use the Fly-over to Forest Road
- Vehicles from Ring Road(kariokor) to Thika Road will use the service road alongside the Fly-over in 2 Lanes, move below the fly-over at ground level diverting to Thika Road.
- Vehicles from Ring Road(Kariokor) to Murang'a Road (Town) will use the same service road but keeping left and heading to Murang'a Road.
MURANG'A ROAD AT THE INTERCHANGE
Murang'a Road in the link to the city center from Pangani. This road will be accessed via the underpass from Thika Road and the service road from Kariokor. The main carriageway goes into the interchange in 3 Lanes from Globe Cinema direction. This is how things are going to be.
- Vehicles from City Center to Thika Road will keep far left and in 2 Lanes same direction proceed to Thika Road at ground level lane.
- Vehicles from City Center who wish to go back can use the provided U-turn back to where they came from.
- The underpass emerging from the interchange to Muranga road is strictly for vehicles coming from Thika Road in 2 lanes same direction.
All this may seem complex but its actually quite a piece of cake, got any questions?
Readers who read this also liked: